Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How do I change the save battery in old Pokemon games?

My Pokemon Silver game battery has died and I really want to play it again soon. I have a game boy color game whos battery still works but it is a little smaller. Can I use that or should I try to find another game that is regular gameboy and use that if they're the same size?How do I change the save battery in old Pokemon games?
I just recently did this on my crystal version



1. unscrew the screw in the back ( i had to rip the case off because i didn't have a small enough screwdriver)



2. carefully remove the old battery (it is attached to both the bottom prong and the top) if you break a prong, carefully solder it back on



3. go to a radio shack or similiar store to get a new battery (i think its a DS20032 or something like that



4. put the new battery in ( the darker, wider green piece is positive)



5.tape the battery for extra support (since it wont be attached to the tongs)



6. screw the tiny screw back in ( or carefully glue along the sides with super glue if you broke it open like i did)



tah dah

No comments:

Post a Comment